Keyboard Removal Procedure_Asus G1S Series Notebooks.
* Slide the battery latch 1 to open battery lock
* Slide the battery latch 2 and pull the whole battery away from the system.
* Remove 2 screws (M2*4) and take the CPU door away.
* Remove the Mylar.
* Remove 4 screws (M2*5) aside the CPU. And take away the heat sink.
* Turn the non-removable screw here 180 degrees counter-clockwise to loosen the CPU.
* Squeeze the vacuum handling pump and use it to lift the CPU away.
* Remove 2 screws on the memory cover and then remove the cover.* Unlock two latches to pop up the memory at 45 angles then pull out the memory at that angle.
Remove 2 screw (M2*5) here, and then turn over the notebook
Push the 3latches in (F1, F8, Ins) with a pair of tweezers or a single-slotted screwdriver and lift the keyboard plate up.
* Lay the keyboard down over the Top case. *Do not remove the keyboard yet. The keyboard cable is still attached.
8 Disconnect the FPC connector by a pair of tweezers and then remove the keypad plate.
Removing Keyboard Cable
- Use a flexible connector tool to unlock the cable connector on both ends (no. 1).
- Carefully pull out the keyboard cable (no. 2) with a pair of tweezers.
- Lock the connector (no. 3) again to avoid possible breakage.
Reverse the procedures to re-assemble.
TOP CASE REMOVALRemove 6 screws (M2*8; M2*5).
Remove the both hinge covers.
Remove 2 screws in hames cover, and then take the hames cover away.
Remove 1 piece of tape fixing the table and then remove 1 screw here, and disconnect the LCD cable.