Error 12 - Watchdog (Lower PCA)
The error 12 watchdog monitors the lower PCA low voltage power. If the low voltage power drops
below a preset level, the error 12 will be displayed.
1. A failure in the lower PCA overloads the low voltage power supply and causes it to drop
below the preset limit.
2. A fault in the interconnect cable (lower PCA to upper PCA) causing the lower PCA low
voltage power supply be too low.
3. A failure in the upper PCA that overloads the lower PCA low voltage power supply causing it
to be too low.
1. If the error message is consistently displayed when the unit is powered up, the lower PCA
should be replaced. It is possible to see this message displayed intermittently due to external
causes. If the units A.C. input significantly dips during the power up test sequence the test
could fail resulting in this message being displayed. Treadmills operating on non-dedicated
A.C. circuits may see this message displayed on an intermittent basis.
2. Substitute a known good interconnect cable in place of the existing cable to determine if the
interconnect cable is the cause. For the purpose of the test, the substitute cable should be
connected directly between the upper and lower PCA’s.
3. Substitute a known good upper PCA for the existing PCA to determine if the upper PCA is the cause.